Tuesday, March 31, 2020

12/30/2020

It's December 30th, 2019. Another day without internet. Earthlink called us this morning. Nancy went to pick up the phone, heard someone's voice as she said hello several times before they hung up. They didn't leave a message. Shortly after I called Earthlink from work and was told that the installation folks would be calling me to set up an appointment today. I expressed my doubts and let her know that they were already on thin ice with me. I'm getting very sick of hearing apologies. Now it's 5:20 PM and we still haven't heard from them. I call again from work, go through the whole process to speak to a human and hear the same B.S. I did before. Still no appointment. I'm getting to really dislike automated systems. I hope they record me yelling at their AI for giggles and yes, it's getting ridiculous. My anger has run its righteous course without result. It's time to view this as a wonderfully absurd opportunity to befuddle ones foes with kindness and witty conversation, Yep, that's the ticket. Still, it's hard to pay the bills when there's NO INTERNET. Sorry, slipped a little. Later.

No comments: