Tuesday, March 31, 2020

12/28/2020

It's Saturday morning on the 28th of December and I can get no satisfaction. Called Earthlink and was told that they're sorry they missed their installation appointment, Then they told me that they didn't do installs on the weekend and would call me Monday to set up another appointment time. I let them know that they were skating on thin ice in not so many words. I brought up AT&T's lack of service and compared their same lack of follow through as equally egregious. Hope they put that in their notes. Next I called AT&T to confirm my service appointment for tomorrow. Never did talk to a human and eventually got stuck in a loop where the recorded voice/robot asked if I wanted to change or cancel my appointment and I told them “No”. After repeating that step several times I hung up hoping that I hadn't just canceled my appointment. Words fail me. Time to go chop some wood. Another wonderful morning in Northern California. Finished chopping wood and was enjoying a smoke on our front porch.. It's now 3:30 PM and I just watched an AT&T service truck roll by our house. If I'd have seen him soon enough I could have run out in the street and waved him over. I sat on the porch after he passed wondering if he was turning around to fix our connection. Guess that's too much to expect. After all, our appointment is for tomorrow. After a while you just get a helpless feeling about your chances of getting to your e-mails before there are several hundred to go through. Netflix would have been nice to entertain the grand kids in the evenings while they're here. I'm wondering how long this rage engendering process will take to finally come to a conclusion. If AT&T shows up tomorrow and gets us back online I may tell Earthlink to take a flying leap and cancel their order. Since they contract with AT&T I'm hoping to get some insights from their technician tomorrow. If they even show up. If I keep AT&T it will only be until I find a viable alternative to these large, out of touch corporations. Unfortunately there are few alternatives in this economically depressed area.

No comments: