Tuesday, March 31, 2020

01/03/2020

Happy New Year! It's the 3rd of January. It's the day Earthlink installs their stuff at my home. At 9 AM I get a call from technical service and they tell me that my installer will be here between 8 AM and 12 PM and that it may be an AT&T technician because they contract with AT&T for service in our area. Oh, and please make sure someone at least 18 years of age is at the location if you leave. It is now 4:30 PM. I called earlier at 1 PM and spoke with someone who wanted to put me on hold while she consulted her technical department. I explained that I was paying by the minute for our back up phone and that waiting on hold wasn't working for me. She told me that she would call me back but I could tell it was forced. So here we are. No call. No text. We did get a partial text this morning that only said we had an appointment. No time. No date. It's now 4:45 PM and I'm suffering because even after all that's happened I still kind of expected them to show up. What a fool am I for thinking that they might behave differently from AT&T. I'm so discouraged that I'm not even going to call them until Monday when I'm at work. There I can read the e=mails they're sending about their failures and respond accordingly. Meanwhile it's been 13 days since our phone and internet connection failed and 24 days since I 1st called to request service. Oh, and the kitchen sink drain plugged up last night and 20 feet of snake did not alleviate the issue. Also the pipe is now leaking where the p-trap slides in. Wonderful. Plumbing is my favorite thing to do on a weekend. Later. It's still Friday but now it's 7 PM and the RotoRooter dude has come and gone. The kitchen drain has eluded the electric-powered snake. It did so by convincing the spinning snake to go through the air vent instead of down where the trouble is. The dude said something about backward tees or standard tees where they don't belong. Anyway, he ran about 60 feet of that spinning snake through the air vent where it twisted into a rather large knot of steel cable under tension. The dude hopped on our roof to untangle the thing which he had to do twice as it didn't take the 1st time. In the dark. I gather that this is what home owners insurance is for. He'll be back Monday with another dude so that they can unclog our sink. It's a 2 dude job to take the snake through the roof vent so the 1 dude told me and I believe him. By the way, he'll be getting a new snake before then as his old one bit the dust. It got kinked up and apparently that's all it takes to render them useless. That's one mean drain. Meanwhile, the guest bathroom sink is getting an unusual amount of use. All and all, we're wondering what we might have done to deserve this stuff. Is it a sign of things to come? Talk at ya Monday. Peace.

No comments: