Thursday, June 22, 2023

Signs from the Implosion

     So five people were killed when their submarine imploded while taking a scenic cruise to view the Titanic. Some of those folks paid $250,000 for a quick ticket to oblivion. For some it was a very bad day at work that more than likely ended with a bang. Am I feeling sorry for these adventurous fools and their tragic demise or am I faintly amused at their choices? Let's explore the latter.

    First bad choice was trusting your life to someone trying to make bank (see per seat cost above) with a sub that wasn't certified for the depth it needed to be at to view the wreck of the Titanic.

    Second bad choice was wanting to see the wreck in person in the first place when there are plenty of YouTube videos that will give you an even better view of one of humanity's more instructional disasters.

    The third bad choice was convincing yourselves that this adventure would be something that could better your lives in some manner and leave you with fond memories you could share with your friends.

    What I'm saying is that they made some bad choices trying to jazz up their travel resume. Possibly a tropical cruise would have had a similar effect for some but that wasn't out there enough for these folks. Being terrified of being trapped in small spaces makes their choices even more removed from anything I would even consider as a choice. What the fuck were these morons thinking? Wild horses couldn't make me get in a sub of any sort. I have issues about the one at Disneyland let alone a real one. Anyway I guess I'm not as advanced a human being as I'd like to think because I'm feeling no connection to these folks biting the dust the way they did. Seems like they made some pretty bad choices and Darwin took care of the rest. Just sayin'.

No comments: