Wednesday, August 02, 2023

Signs from a Bumblebee

     So I was sitting on our front porch when movement on the pavement in front of me caught my attention. It was a Bumblebee crawling across the driveway with intention. It was going somewhere. It had someplace to be. I wondered why it was crawling rather than flying and surmised that it was reaching old age, soon to die. I wondered if I should intervene but quickly rejected the idea that there was anything positive that I could accomplish towards rehabilitating this Bumblebee. Still, all sorts of possibilities presented themselves as I continued to watch it progress across the pavement. I though that it was headed towards some shade but it continued past those cooler areas towards the morning sun. Just as I gave up all thoughts of rescue and contemplated ending it's obvious suffering it flew away. So much for my astute observations. Just sayin'. 

No comments: