Wednesday, August 30, 2023

The Internal Musings of a Busy Mind

     Way too busy lately. Watching the cats play last night while carving on a new piece of cedar. Wondering at the fact that I was there and happy along with my sweetie after the long strange trip we've both been on. Then I contemplated some possible future removals from that same piece of cedar, all the while checking out the current color of the sky. Once I decided what to remove from that piece of wood I prepared a piece of 80 grit sandpaper to make some more sawdust. While I was sanding, the current state of our planet invaded my thoughts and temporarily brought me down. Then I focused on my piece of wood and everything became calm again. So when you see me carving, don't think that's all that's going on in my head. Sometimes I'm self medicating with whatever piece of wood takes my fancy. Just sayin'.     

No comments: