Friday, November 19, 2021

Fear of Flying Signs

     Just got back from visiting with my son and his family in Georgia. Had anxiety attacks throughout both flights there and back. Partially due to wearing a mask for 11 hours straight getting there and 7 hours on the way back (direct) but mostly due to being in that big ol' jet airliner. Who knew I was this scared to fly. I sure didn't. Previous flights caused no were near the level of anxiety that these did although my last was nearly 20 years ago. I'm thinking that I'm much more in touch with my feelings about flying as I'm not in as much denial about those feelings. Becoming aware of and changing my behavior has gradually released many things that I previously buried and among those things were my actual feelings as I made my way through life. Crazy high were the walls that I maintained for too long. It was no fun but it's hard to deal with one's fears when one ignores them. Now I can face them and sort them out. Grateful be I.

No comments: