Thursday, December 01, 2022

More on Butters, Our New Manx

     Day two and it's becoming clear that he had a good home previously and did not take well to being homeless. I don't know how long he was out in the real world but it was long enough to give him some food issues. In general, Manx cats have a fairly delicate digestive situation so his time alone was traumatic for him. He left a bowel movement in his crate when we were bringing him home that nearly forced us to abandon the car. Fortunately Blaxter's food is in his wheelhouse so that's starting to improve his bowels as he settles down. 

    He met Blaxter, our Black Cat and grumbled and growled for a while after Blaxter left the house. They both know the other is in the area and I'm keeping them apart until attitudes improve. All and all Butters is turning out to be one awesome cat and we're enjoying his antics as we get to know him. I'm thinking his balls need removing soon so I'm on the lookout for an inexpensive clinic to get it done. I'd love to let him be a daddy first as he's quite the dandy and his kittens would be wonderful to behold I'm sure. But then, all kittens are wonderful to behold so who am I fooling? As usual, I'm just enjoying the ride.   

No comments: