Saturday, October 16, 2021

Signs of Language Issues Online

     I've recently had issues with a few orders I've made online and they were made worse by what I thought at first was just poor customer service. Once I applied my mind fully to the most recent incident it turns out the cause was more than likely translation errors. When I wrote the vendor to let them know that my laptop hadn't arrived they replied with the same Fed-X tracking number I'd been given previously which showed that it had been delivered. I started a claim through Fed-X and found out that the tracking number was for an order that was delivered to my town but not my address. An order that weighted over 60 pounds. Wrote the vendor with these details and was once again told that my order was delivered. My third reply to them started with a question, "Did you even read my previous email?" I then went on to detail (again) that the tracking number was not for my order. Shortly after they replied with a different tracking number that's going to ship today. No explanation. No apology. Just the tracking number. Hopefully they got it right this time. I'll know when the laptop gets delivered and until then I've been given signs that I might not receive exactly what I ordered. It's been quite entertaining so far but I expected that. After all, the laptop they sold me was top of the line and only $99 with shipping. What are the odds it's legit? Thought I'd have an answer by now.    

No comments: